Hey, mystery fans! Looking for something good to read?
At the June Just Desserts meeting last night, after discussing our monthly “assigned” book, we did a round robin at the table, asking attendees to share what mysteries they’d been reading lately that they felt they could recommend. Here’s a list of the novels that were hot in June with this mystery-savvy crowd:
· The Sister Agatha series by Aimee and David Thurlo, specifically Bad Faith, and Thief in Retreat
· Blood Memory by Greg Iles
· Deception by Jonathan Kellerman
· A Stranger in the Family by Robert Barnard
· Sew Deadly by Elizabeth Lynn Casey
· The Lisbeth Salander trilogy by Stieg Larsson
· The Jim West series by Bob Doerr (not currently owned by Lincoln City Libraries)
· The Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton
· The Kevin Kerney series by Michael McGarrity (previously used for Just Desserts discussion)
· The Kate Shugak series by Dana Stabenow (previously used for Just Desserts discussion)
· The Book of Old Houses by Sarah Graves, part of the Home Repair is Homicide series
· Ghost at Work by Carolyn G. Hart
· The Harper Connelly series by Charlaine Harris
So…what mysteries have YOU been reading that you’d recommend?