While in-person programs at the Library are not possible at this time, we are pleased to present readings by Nebraska authors virtually.
Sunday, November 8, 2020, Gretchen Garrison discussed her new book, A History Lover’s Guide to Lincoln.
All Ames Reading Series programs are taped for later broadcast on LNKTV City. The broadcast schedule is available here. Many of these programs are also available for checkout on DVD.
30 Years and 200+ Readings!
Lists of the 200+ Ames Readings from the past 30 years organized by presenter and by date are available here.
Videos of talks have been provided by LNKTV. Video and sound quality may vary. (Click on the names to view the videos.)
October 6, 2020: Theodore Wheeler
Theodore Wheeler discusses his new novel In Our Other Lives in this online-only Ames Reading.
February 2, 2020: Dirk Chatelain
Dirk Chatelain discusses his book 24th & Glory: The Intersection of Civil Rights and Omaha’s Greatest Generation of Athletes. His book examines how so many nationally known athletes came from one segregated neighborhood of North Omaha.
Videos from previous years:
- 2019 Terese Svoboda; Matt Mason and Stacey Waite; Jeff Korbelik; Sarah Dale and Ellie Piersol
- 2018 Joel Green; The Launch of NebraskaAuthors.org: Charlene Neely and Gerry Cox
- 2017 Pamela Barger, Alan Boye, John Janovy, Jr., Paul Johnsgard, Mary Pipher, and Barbara Schmitz; J.V. Brummels, Jim Cihlar, Cat Dixon, Twyla Hansen, Greg Kosmicki, Greg Kuzma, Glenna Luschei, Sarah McKinstry Brown, Marjorie Saiser, Daniel Simon, and Mary K. Stillwell
- 2016 Jonis Agee, Anna Monardo, Ladette Randolph, Timothy Schaffert, and Karen Shoemaker; Steve Langan, Bradford Tice, and Laura Madeline Wiseman
- 2015 Tonya Kuper and Lydia Kang; Leta Powell Drake and Ron Hull
- 2014 Linda Battisti and John Stevens Berry, Sr.; Stephanie Whitson, Karen Shoemaker, Helen Waring Johnson, Andrew Jewell, and Twyla Hansen
- 2013 Lucy Adkins, Becky Breed, Lisa Knopp, Marjorie Saiser, and Mary K. Stillwell; Kwame Dawes
- 2012 Lou Leviticus; Mary Helen Stefaniak; Paul Dickey; Susan Grace Dittman; Sarah McKinstry-Brown
- 2011 Ted Kooser; Marge Saiser; Roger Aden; James Cihlar; Brent Spencer; John Janovy; Sarah Fairchild and Others
- 2010 Joseph Wydeven; Glenna Luschei; Rick Cypert; Hilda Raz; Dominique Garay and Oscar Rios; N. L. Sharp; Michael Forsberg
- 2009 Jeff Barnes; Amil Quayle; Amelia Maria de la Cruz Montes; Harley Jane Kozak; Joe Starita; Stephanie Grace Whitson; Robert McEwen
- 2008 Mary Elizabeth Anderson; Susan and John Wunder; William Kloefkorn; Sean Doolittle; Ted Kooser; Rajean Luebs Shepherd; Matt Mason
- 2007 Greg Kosmicki; Charlotte Hogg; Twyla Hansen and Paul Johnsgard; Betty Levitov; Rajean Luebs Shepherd; Kelly Madigan Erlandson
- 2006 Carlos Frey and Bill Kloefkorn; Alex Kava; Joy Carol; Ladette Randolph; Susanne George Bloomfield; Robert Reed; Shirley Maly
- 2005 James Solheim; Pam Barger; Charles Fort; Julie Kaewert; David Gardiner; Karen Shoemaker
- 2004 Don Welch; Lucy Adkins; Robert McEwen; Kathleene West; Paul Johnsgard; Lisa Knopp; the February 19, 2004 presentation by Brent Spencer is not available due to technical issues.
- 2003 William Kloefkorn; Marilyn Dorf; Marjorie Saiser; Timothy Schaffert; Hilda Raz; Steve Buhler; the April 17, 2003 presentation by Twyla Hansen is not available at this time.
- 2002 Nancy McCleery; Christine Pappas; Steve Langan; Richard Dooling; David Bristow; Roy Scheele; Ruth Thone
- 2001 Richard Kimbrough; Grace Bauer; Mary K. Stillwell; Sarah Fairchild, Lucy Adkins and Robert King; Greg Kosmicki; Constance Merritt; the January 18, 2001 presentation by Jonis Agee is not available at this time.
- 2000 Susan Rosowski; Judith Slater; Barbara Jones; David Wishart; the following presentations are not available at this time: April 20, 2000: Karen Shoemaker; February 17, 2000: Jim Reese; January 20, 2000: Paul Eggers