FirstSearch is an interactive online information system that gives information about books, journal articles, films, computer software, and other material in a variety of subject areas. Click here to see descriptions of the available databases.
Click the button below to access FirstSearch. Login is automatic on computers located in Lincoln City Libraries. Access from outside the library is also available for residents of Lincoln and Lancaster County; please contact library staff for login information.
Click the button below to access the WorldCat database (an international database of library holdings) within FirstSearch.
Access to FirstSearch databases has been provided by the Nebraska Library Commission with funding from the State of Nebraska and the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Database Descriptions for the Nebraska Package of OCLC FirstSearch Databases
- OCLC ArticleFirst Database
- Index of articles from the contents pages of journals
- A collection of scholarly journals.
- OCLC FirstSearch Electronic Collections Online Database
- Index of Latin American journals in the sciences and humanities.
- OCLC catalog of online electronic books available through libraries worldwide.
- Journal articles and reports in education.
- U.S. government publications.
- All areas of medicine, including dentistry and nursing.
- Union catalog of digital resources.
- OCLC PapersFirst
- Index of papers presented at conferences worldwide.
- OCLC Proceedings
- An OCLC index of worldwide conference proceedings.
- WorldCat (the OCLC Online Union Catalog)
- Catalog of books and other materials in libraries worldwide.
- A database of all dissertations and theses available in WorldCat.