Lincoln City Libraries (LCL) invites families to participate in the “Read to a Dog” program offered by LCL and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization. The program allows children ages 6 to 12 to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to dogs in 20-minute shifts once a week for six weeks.
The session runs from October 9 to November 18. Pre-registration is required at most branches; contact the person listed for the branch where you wish to register your child. Locations and times are as follows:
- Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior Street, 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. Mondays, email Marla at email@example.com
- Gere Branch Library, 2400 S. 56th Street, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, call Mimi at 402-217-9019; and Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., contact Jeanne at firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Branch Library, 2675 South Street, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, email Jayne at Apaemail@example.com
- Walt Branch Library, 6701 S. 14th Street, 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. Tuesdays, contact Cindy at 402-416-0824 or firstname.lastname@example.org; 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays, email Angela at Anjherbert@me.com
- Anderson Branch Library, 3635 Touzalin Avenue, 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. Saturdays, drop in sessions only, no reservation required