Lincoln City Libraries invites families to participate in the “Read to a Dog” program offered by LCL and the local Healing Heart Therapy Dogs organization. The program gives children ages 6 to 12 the opportunity to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to dogs in 20-minute shifts once a week for six weeks.
The session runs from March 19 to April 29. Registration is required only at the branches that list a contact person below. Locations and times are as follows:
- Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior Street, 10 to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays, email Ellie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gere Branch Library, 2400 S. 56th Street, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays, email Jeanne at email@example.com; 2 to 4 p.m. Sundays, call Mimi at 402-217-9019
- South Branch Library, 2675 South Street, 2 to 3:20 p.m. Sundays, email Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walt Branch Library, 6701 S. 14th Street, 5 to 6:30 p.m. Mondays, email Victoria at email@example.com
- Anderson Branch Library, 3635 Touzalin Avenue, 4 p.m. Sundays, drop in sessions only, no reservation required.