- Tuesday, 26 September 2017 08:38
Families are invited to participate in the “Read to a Dog” program offered by Lincoln City Libraries and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization. The program provides an opportunity for children ages 6 to 12 to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to a dog in 20-minute shifts once a week for six weeks.
The fall session begins the week of October 9 and continues through November 18. Preregistration is required at most branches. Please register by contacting the person listed for each branch. The schedule is as follows:
- Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior Street, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Mondays, email Marla at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gere Branch Library, 2400 S. 56th Street, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, call Mimi at 402-217-9019; and Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., contact Jeanne at email@example.com
- South Branch Library, 2675 South Street, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, email Jayne at Apafirstname.lastname@example.org
- Walt Branch Library, 6701 S. 14th Street, 4 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays, call Cindy at 402-416-0824 or email at email@example.com; and 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays, email Angela at Anjherbert@me.com
- Anderson Branch Library, 3635 Touzalin Avenue, 3 to 4 p.m. Saturdays, no reservation required-drop in sessions only.