- Monday, 06 March 2017 14:36
Lincoln City Libraries (LCL) invites families to participate in the “Read to a Dog” program offered by LCL and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization. The program allows children ages 6 to 12 to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to dogs in 20-minute shifts once a week for six weeks.
The session runs from March 20 to April 27. Registration is required only at the branches that list a contact person below. Locations and times are as follows:
- Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior Street, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Mondays, email Marla at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gere Branch Library, 2400 S. 56th Street, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, call Mimi at 402-217-9019
- South Branch Library, 2675 South Street, 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, email Jayne at Apaemail@example.com
- Walt Branch Library, 6701 S. 14th Street, 4 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays, contact Cindy at 402-416-0824 or firstname.lastname@example.org; 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays, email Angela at Anjherbert@me.com
- Anderson Branch Library, 3635 Touzalin Avenue, 2 to 3 p.m. Sundays, drop in sessions only, no reservation required