Recipient of the 2005 Better Business Bureau Resource Award !!
|Ask a Librarian:
Send the Reference staff a question
Bennett Martin Public Library houses the central Reference Department for the library system. A selection of essential reference materials are also available at each library branch to assist you with your informational needs.
Print out our latest Reference Services brochure! [Currently being revised] (The Reference Services brochure is provided here as a PDF file, which requires the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader. Help for viewing PDF files is available.)
- Microfilm Reference Collection -- Misc Local Topics
- The Vertical Files Collection of the Lincoln City Libraries
- Starkweather: Murder on the Plains -- 1957-58
- The Mayors of Lincoln, Nebraska -- 1871 to Present
- The Governors of the State of Nebraska -- 1854 to Present
Are you interested in the materials and resources available at the library about people, issues and events in the news? Click on the subject below for more information.
- Ronald Reagan, 1911-2004: The Death of a President [June 2004]
- Nebraskan Ted Kooser named Poet Laureate of the United States [August 2004]
- 2004 Summer Olympic Games - Athens, Greece [August/September 2004]
- Johnny Carson, 1925-2005: The Life and Death of "The King of Late Night" [January 2005]
- 2006 Winter Olympic Games - Torino, Italy [February 2006]
- Abraham Lincoln On-Line Resources [February 2009]
If you're looking for the readers' services that used to reside here on the Reference Department page of the Lincoln City Libraries site...they've moved! We invite you to come visit BookGuide site, where our Readers Advisory staff members, both downtown and at the branches, are available to assist you in selecting material for your pleasure reading, using both printed and on-line resources. Browse our expanded selection of themed Booklists, Award-winners and Author Read-alikes. Check out the current New York Times Bestsellers Lists for hardback fiction and non-fiction. See what folks are reading in the current national Media Book Clubs like the Oprah Book Club and Today Show Book Club. Join one of our Book Talk or Book Discussion Groups in person, or join one of our Online Book Clubs and start receiving portions of books in your daily e-mail. Check out what the library staff are reading with our Staff Recommendations. Subscribe to our Books, Movies & More! newsletters -- receive reading and viewing recommendations in your e-mail. Submit your own Customer Reviews or Readerlists to share with other readers. Check out our Lincoln Journal Star's book review index.
Reference Department at Bennett Martin Public Library received the 2005 BBB Resource AwardClick Here to read about this special May 2005 event!
- Lincoln City Libraries Events Calendar
- Community Events Calendar from the Lincoln Convention & Visitors' Bureau
- Pershing Auditorium Calendar
- Weekly Events Calendar from the Downtown Lincoln Association
-- Updated with new entries within the past two months