Energize your household budget
The following tips are great ways to cut costs at home, while using the library.
1. Give your furnace a rest and enjoy the warmth at all eight library locations. Most libraries are open seven days a week with convenient hours. Relax and spend some time in a comfortable chair with a good book or magazine.
2. Get ideas and how-to instruction from our vast holdings on home improvement. Choose from wide-ranging topics like tiling a bathroom to wiring a new electrical outlet. Find the information in step-by-step books and videos/DVDs. Our library also offers remote access to many home-improvement magazines.
3. On the look out for new sheet music? Polley music library has thousands of compositions and arrangements available for checkout. Consult with the Polley librarian to find out all about the wide-ranging music styles and sheet music they make available to the public.
4. Investigate our free legal forms before paying for one. Lincoln City Libraries offers many forms, both online and in books for users to consult. Some specific forms many find useful include: estate planning, rental agreements, and power of attorney. Lincoln City Libraries cannot recommend or provide legal advice for our customers, but we can show you our resources.
5. Don't despair, repair! Try your hand at automobile repair. We offer repair manuals and wiring diagrams for many foreign and domestic cars.These resources are available at each library location and online.
6. Checkout a game from the library. Did you know the library has video games to borrow? Preview the titles and place your free holds. Many of our titles are geared towards family play and can be enjoyed by players of all ages.
7. Save subscription fees and membership costs by using Morningstar Investment Research Center and ValueLine Investment Research Center either from home or at any library location. These resources can help you keep track of your stocks, mutual funds, and more.
See the first 7 Ways the Library Can Save You Money
Would you like some more information on how much your library is saving you out-of-pocket? Visit our Library Value Calculator and find out what Lincoln City Libraries could save you.