Coder Dojo @ Eiseley
March 26, 2015 by pjorgensen
Tagged in: braries, public, public library, public libraries, departments, youth services, children, kids, children,
February 24, 2015 by pjorgensen
|Amazing Science and Math||Homework Help||Kids Searching||Preschool Fun||Together Time||
|Children's Literature on the Web||Interesting People and Places||Safety and Health
||Creatures of All Kinds||Kids Create|
- Bill Nye
- Carly's Kids Corner (National Arbor Day Foundation)
- Earth Science Directory: Meteorology Education Guide
- Extreme Science: Feed Your Brain
- Journey North
- Nasa's Spaceplace for Kids
- Math Forum Student Center
- The Museum of Science, Art, and Human Perception
- Neuroscience for Kids
- Playing Games with Memory
- Sci4Kids from the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Science News for Kids
- Ultimate Guide to Weather and Climate Resources Online
- Web Weather for Kids
- The Yuckiest Site on the Internet
- Children's Book Choices
- Children's Literature Web Guide
- Giggle Poetry
- Guys Read
- The Harry Potter Lexicon
- International Children's Digital Library (eBooks and online books for children)
- Judy Blume's Home Base
- Kidsreads (book reviews and author interviews for children)
- Scholastic for Kids
- Series and Sequels
- Animal Planet.com
- Bird Source: Birding with a Purpose
- Defenders of Wildlife: Kids' Planet
- Lincoln Children's Zoo
- Omaha's Henry Dorley Zoo & Aquarium
- San Diego Zoo
- St. Louis Zoo
- BJ Pinchbeck's Homework Helper
- Create a Graph
- EasyBib (bibliography and citation maker)
- Electric Library presents Encyclopedia.com
- Fact Monster from Information Please
- Homework Center
- Homework Helper
- Homework HelpNow
- Kids.gov (official kids' portal for U.S. Government)
- KidSpace @ the Internet Public Library
- Online Newspapers
- Quiz Hub
- American Museum of Natural History
- Discovery Channel for Kids Online
- Gilbert Stuart: Making Faces
- National Geographic for Kids
- Star Seeker
- Tramline Virtual Field Trips
- Ask for Kids
- Awesome Library
- Great Web Sites for Kids
- iPL2 for Kids
- Sweet Search
- Fruit & Veggie Color Champions (foodchamps.org)
- KidsHealth (resource on children's health from birth through adolescence)
- Iggy and Rasper's Tips for Internet Safety and Good Manners
- MyPlate Kids' Place
- Ready Kids
- Crayola Crayon
- Enchanted Learning Rebus Rhymes
- Fun With Spot
- Kidscom Mousers
- The Little Animals Activity Center
- PBS Kids
- PEEP and the Big Wide World
- Sesame Street Workshop for Preschoolers
- Wordle (generate "word clouds")
- Starfall (learn to read)
- Tagxedo (create tag clouds in different shapes)
Please note: The presence of a link on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Lincoln City Libraries. Be advised that not all sources on the Internet provide accurate, complete or current information. Users should carefully judge the worth of these sources of information as they would any other resource. Just as libraries do not vouch for or endorse the viewpoints of written material in their collections, they do not do so for electronic information. Web sites may change or disappear without notice. Lincoln City Libraries is not responsible for the content of external sites linked to its Web site.
Tagged in: youth services, children, kids, children,
January 21, 2015 by pjorgensen
Great information you can access via computer!
Homework HelpNow provides free homework help and online tutoring. Chat with a tutor through instant messaging from 2:00 PM to 11:00 PM, seven days a week for grades 3-12 in the areas of math, English, science, and social studies.
NoveList K-8 is a tool to help you find books to read that you will enjoy.
SIRS Discoverer is an interactive resource covering a wide range of subjects for grades 1 through 9. Access to Compton's Encyclopedia is included in this resource.
TumbleBook Library is a collection of TumbleBooks (animated, talking picture books) with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles, Read-Alongs (chapter books with sentence highlighting and narration but no animation), Ebooks which may be viewed online, and Tumble Puzzles & Games.
Tagged in: libraries, public, public library, public libraries, Kids InfoBits, NoveList K-8, youth, youth services, children, Research Resources,
January 21, 2015 by Webmaster
| SIRS Discoverer is an interactive tool covering a wide range of subjects for grades 1 through 9. Access to Compton's Encyclopedia is included in this resource.
If you are outside the library, click the button below to access SIRS Discoverer. You will be asked to enter your library card number; you will need to enter all fourteen digits with no spaces.
If you are using a Lincoln City Libraries computer, click the button below to access SIRS Discoverer. Login is automatic on computers located in Lincoln City Libraries.
Tagged in: libraries, public, public library, public libraries, databases, youth services, children, kids, children,
September 26, 2014 by pjorgensen
Books listed are chosen to represent the wide world of literature. While there is something for everyone, not every title listed will be of interest to, or appropriate for, every reader. Check with your librarian for more suggestions.
Check out these new booklists - three of our new Books, Movies & More pages!
More Book Recommendations
Best Books for Young Adults From the American Library Association
The Hot List! Check the most popular items on the teen advance reservations list!
Susan's Picks, Winter 2008 Also available as a two-part audio podcast; the podcasts also include books for adults:
Good Youth Books for Gifts, 2008 (This list includes books for younger readers)Sarah's Teen Book List, Spring 2008 An audio podcast based on this list is also available:
Good Youth Books for Gifts, 2007 (This list includes books for younger readers)
Teen Book Club
The online Teen Book Club is one of eleven online book clubs available through Lincoln City Libraries. Sign up and you'll receive brief daily sections of the books in your specified categories via your e-mail account. Each day's entry will be approximately 5 minutes worth of reading material. Click the book cover image to get more information.
Tagged in: libraries, youth services, teen, teens, teenage, teenager, teenagers, book, books, read, reading, recommended reading,