- Thursday, 10 January 2019 11:11
Lincoln City Libraries will launch a free monthly discussion series called “Taco ‘Bout It” in January at Bennett Martin Public Library, 136 S. 14th Street. The public is invited to the library on the second Monday of each month for build-your-own tacos, followed by a presentation and question and answer session about topics of interest. Reservations are not required.
Taco fixings will be available at 6 p.m., and the discussions start at 6:30 p.m. The schedule is as follows:
- January 14 – Professor Maria Marron, UNL College of Journalism and Mass Communications, will present a program called “Fake News,” which focuses on truth-seeking journalism and viral disinformation.
- February 11 – Todd Ogden, Deputy Director of the Downtown Lincoln Association, will discuss projects and plans included in the recently-revised Downtown Master Plan.
- March 11 – Dean Settle, Metro Gallery owner, will discuss the Lincoln art scene and offer advice on purchasing affordable art from local dealers.
- April 8 – Jamie Granquist, BikeLNK City Manager, and Kelley Van Bruggen, City Transportation Planner, will discuss a bike-friendly downtown.