- Thursday, 01 September 2022 10:00
Families are invited to participate in the “Read to a Dog” program offered by Lincoln City Libraries and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization. The program provides an opportunity for children ages kindergarten to 12 to practice their reading by reading to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to a dog in 15- to 20-minute sessions once a week for six weeks.
The fall session runs September 12 through October 22. Preregistration is required and participants may register for multiple sessions. To register, contact the person listed for each branch. The schedule is as follows:
- Anderson Branch, 3635 Touzalin Ave. – 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays. Email Brenda at firstname.lastname@example.org to read to Tazi.
- Bennett Martin Public Library, 136 S. 14th St. – 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Contact Abby at email@example.com or 314-308-5991 to read to Louis.
- Bethany Branch, 1810 N. Cotner Blvd. – 10 to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays. Email Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org to read to Xena.
- Eiseley Branch, 1530 Superior St. – 6 to 7 p.m. Mondays. Email Tami at email@example.com to read to Snickers.
- Gere Branch, 2400 S. 56th St.:
- 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. Tuesdays, email Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org to read to her cat, Rainy.
- 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. Wednesdays, email Lynn at email@example.com to read to Sooky.
- 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. Thursdays, contact Dr. Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-217-9019 to read to Wrench.
- South Branch, 2675 South St. – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Call Judy at 402-423-1498 to read to Ikon.
- Walt Branch, 6701 S. 14th St. – 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Email Kim at email@example.com to read to Nola.