- Wednesday, 13 March 2019 17:40
At the February 28th, 2019 meeting of the Just Desserts mystery fiction discussion group, following the discussion of the assigned topic of the month (A.J. Finn’s The Woman in the Window), we held our monthly round robin in which all attendees were able to share a few recommendations of what other books they’ve been reading recently.
Here’s the list of mystery books recommended by Just Desserts members in February 2019:
- The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie – past author selection for Just Desserts
- Two Kinds of Truth by Michael Connelly – past author selection for Just Desserts
- A new annotated edition of The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler – past author selection for Just Desserts (libraries do not own this new edition — but we have plenty of older editions)
- The Whistler by John Grisham
- Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich – past author selection for Just Desserts
- The Fish Out of Water Series by Amy Lane (libraries own all 4 but only as e-books)
- The Dark Sacred Night by Michael Connelly (as a book-on-cd) – past author selection for Just Desserts
- (someone mentioned something about sometime titles Murder at the Luau but I was unable to get author information and can’t find anything about this title online)
And here were some non-mystery titles some group members also recommended in February 2019:
What mysteries have you been reading lately that you’d recommend?