If you have registered for a Hoopla account but are unable to login or to use Hoopla after you have logged in, please check on the following. You can also use these instructions to update your account information.
- Are you using the same e-mail address you used when you first registered for your account?
Library patrons who have multiple e-mail addresses, or who have recently changed to a new e-mail address, sometimes forget which address they used when registering. Be sure to log in with the same e-mail address you originally used; then see below if you need to update your e-mail address.
- Has your Library card number or PIN changed?
See below if you need to update your Library card number or PIN.
- Has your e-mail address been used with another library card number?
If your e-mail address has been used with another card number, Hoopla would see this as being the same as your card number being changed, so you can follow the instructions below to change your card number back to the correct one. (Although Library patrons may share a single e-mail address with another family member for their Library accounts, Hoopla requires that an e-mail address be used with just one Hoopla account. For patrons who share an e-mail address, Hoopla recommends that they set up a separate e-mail account for this purpose.)
- Did you select the wrong library when you set up your account?
If you accidentally chose another library system when setting up your account, see below to change this to the correct library system.
- Have you have recently moved to the Lincoln area and have a Hoopla account associated with the library where you used to live?
You can update your existing Hoopla account to work with your Lincoln City Libraries card.
To update your account information:
- In a Web browser on a computer, after you have logged in with your e-mail address and password, click on “Settings” in the menu bar at the top. You can then click on “Edit Email” or “Change Password” to make those changes, or you can click on “Library Settings” to update your Library card number or PIN. To correct the library system your account is associated with, be sure you select “Lincoln City Libraries (NE).”
- In a mobile app, tap on the menu icon, then tap “Settings.” Scroll down to update your information, and then tap “Save.”
If Hoopla says you are offline when you are trying to log in:
Version 4.14 of the Hoopla app for Android had a bug that could cause this problem. Please try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it from Google Play to make sure you have the most recent version.
If you have other problems with this service, please check Hoopla’s help pages first. If this does not resolve the problem, please e-mail email@example.com with your question.