Reading Recommendations from Just Desserts group members – July 2019
At the July 25th, 2019 meeting of the Just Desserts mystery fiction discussion group, following the discussion of the assigned topic of the month (several of Donna Andrews’ “Meg Langslow” series), we held our monthly round robin in which all 15 attendees were able to share a few recommendations of what other books they’ve been reading recently.
Here’s the list of mystery and suspense books recommended by Just Desserts members in July 2019:
And here were some non-mystery titles some group members also recommended in July 2019:
What mysteries have you been reading lately that you’d recommend?
Mystery recommendations from April 2010 Just Desserts meeting
Hey, mystery fans….looking for something good to read?
At the April 2010 Just Desserts meeting, after discussing our monthly “assigned” book, we did a round robin at the table, asking attendees to share what mysteries they’d been reading lately that they felt they could recommend. Here’s a list of the novels and DVD sets that were hot in April with this mystery-savvy crowd:
- The Calling by Inger Wolfe
- A Twist of Orchids by Michelle Wan
- Death of an Irish Sinner by Bartholomew Gill
- The Kevin Kerney series by Michael McGarrity (previously used as a Just Desserts selection)
- Aunt Dimity Down Under and others in the Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton
- The Kate Shugak series by Dana Stabenow (previously used as a Just Desserts selection)
- The Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear (previously used as a Just Desserts selection)
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
- Helen Hath No Fury by Gillian Roberts
- Bones: Season Three
- Criminal Minds: The Second Season
- Burn Notice: Season Two
- Rosemary & Thyme
- The Knitting Mystery series by Maggie Sefton
- The Melanie Travis series by Laurien Berenson
- The Lee Nez series by Aimee and David Thurlo
- Dog On It and Thereby Hangs a Tail by Spencer Quinn
So…what mysteries have you been reading that you’d recommend?